You may have heard all the buzz about commercial steam cleaners by now. The innovative technology that is making waves may appear as a fad, but keep reading, and you too will find out how it can be worth it. If you’re looking for efficient, quick-clean solutions and a world of ease and comfort, you may want to consider steam vacuums.
Steam cleaners are easy to use, versatile, and do an excellent job of cleaning out your home of debris and pests, which regular cleaning can’t compare to. After reading this article you too will join the vapor club, and never look back.
How do they work?
Before we start working out how to best clean your home using them, let’s first find the underlying cause of how steam cleaning functions. Using hot water vapors, doesn’t use chemical products and instead opts for low pressure to get the job done just as well, if not better than other methods.
The dirt, grime, grease, and stains are all lifted out of the surface, leaving behind a completely clean, and even better, fully disinfected place!
What to steam clean
Now, you may be wondering, where are your efforts best focused? Here are the best areas you should pay attention to for maximum cleaning benefit:
When cleaning upholstery, carpets, or curtains you’ll notice dust mites and stains disappearing effortlessly. You can even avoid soaking the fabric too much by constantly moving the machine around!
Floors, ceramic or metal
Steam cleaning can easily get rid of grout, mold, and fungus. While not advisable for porous surfaces, as these will absorb water, it works great to get rid of any germs or clean out the material perfectly.
Avoid streaks, while catching any drips by dragging from top to bottom, and have yourself a perfectly clean window or mirror in no time at all!
Things to consider
When cleaning with steam, you may also want to give special attention to the following:
- Unless you have a steam vacuum, meaning a device that also sucks the dirt particles back up, you need to wipe the surface off manually after using the steam cleaner.
- You will be using steam, meaning extremely hot water vapors. Naturally, that requires exceptional care and responsibility.
- Wear gloves, protective goggles, and perhaps even special clothes to protect yourself.
- In case you get hit by steam, make sure to cool the area down and hold it under chilly water for a couple of minutes until it feels better. Although typically unnecessary, you should consult a medical professional in case of more severe burns.
How often to steam clean?
You may be wondering, given that this device works somewhat differently than cleaning by hand, how often is it necessary to use it. The answer is that it depends on the surface you’re cleaning. Here are some rough estimates:
- Every two months – for mattresses.
- However often you want – for jewelry (steam cleaning uses no chemicals, meaning it’s safe)
- Every month – for carpets, especially if you have pets.
- Weekly – furniture and kitchen.
- Daily – whenever you feel that it is necessary (floors, for example).
As you can see, cleaning like a professional steam cleaner is easily available to anyone willing to give it the time and effort it deserves. It’s easy, it’s simple to do and it can do so much more than just clean. It disinfects, gets rid of pests and mold, and can also be used as an eco-friendly, economical alternative to chemical cleaning solutions.
Steam cleaning helps you keep the house clean with minimal effort on your part, saving time and money in the process!